Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Date With Aaron

The only dandelion in the yard.
Blowing and making a wish...
Hoping it comes true.
On Tuesday Aaron and I had a date!  Our special day, just us, on a trip to Arden Fair Mall.  I know, most of you are like Why the heck would you take a toddler to the mall on purpose?  But on Tuesdays Pottery Barn Kids has a free story time!  And this Tuesday was a special St. Patrick's Day themed story and craft.  

So we all got up in the morning, took Elizabeth to Grandpa and Grandmas' and Aaron and I were off to Arden.  We got there a bit early so he was able to explore the store and check out all the cool items - books, stuffed animals, toys.  You'd be surprised how much a little kid would like that place!  

This was our first time and Aaron was a bit shy but he listened to the whole story and during craft he agreed to do it if he could have his own table.  So he drew a leprechaun trap, complete with gold coins and a leprechaun.  Then he made a leprechaun straw to drink out of and left with his crafts and a green beaded necklace.  

Then we walked around the Easter Bunny display in the center of the mall for a bit and headed up to the only store in the mall he's really interested in...... The Disney Store.  We walked around for about 20 minutes while he looked and touched just about everything but exercising patience during this means we can usually leave the store without having to purchase something and so we did!  

Then we went to Nordstrom to eat lunch (seriously, is there anything better?) and got Aaron's feet sized.  (He's now a 10.5 or 11 - WIDE).  They actually had some Keen sandals in stock that fit him and were amazingly under $50 so we got those for him.  I had a gift card that I  never spent from my last birthday and a $20 Nordstrom Note so I left with some adorable shoes too!  Luckily I haven't had a pedicure yet so I didn't dare try on any sandals and spend even more money.  But with the gift card and the Nordstrom Note, I only had to pay 15 cents for my adorable Superga shoes.  I'd say that's a win!

Then we spent the rest of the afternoon at Grandpa & Grandmas' house.  I'd say the entire day was a win!  

I just want him to know he's still our special boy.  Love him!

     


0 comments: